Friday, November 14, 2008

The Awkward Laugh, and MacGyver.



Yes, I did put awkward laughs and MacGyver together in the post title. No, they aren't related.

So I just have a small thought: you all know the awkward laugh. You're having a (usually shallow) conversation with someone, and you say something that you realize is probably just a little stupid, or inane. So you laugh. As you finish what you're saying, you laugh. Why? What is that? I'm asking. I know we've all been there, and I'm sure I've done it plenty of times So I'm not faulting anyone for it, but I really do wonder why in the world we do this. I'm sure there has to be a reason for it, but I have no idea what it is. So, reader, why do we laugh when we make fools out of ourselves? My only working theory is that in an effort to disguise our foolishness, we try to turn the whole thing to humor, instead. Anyway.

I think this is worth sharing with all of you -- it is a list, on Wikipedia, of all the problems that MacGyver has solved, and how he solved them. As far as I'm concerned, that's like, reading for my entire weekend.
List of Problems Solved by MacGyver (Wikipedia)

No comments: